Friday, October 22, 2010

Quotable Quotes

So I am home...

Arguably, there is no better feeling than arriving in your hometown, sleeping in your childhood bed, and being around the family that reared you from birth. There is truly something poetic about coming home from another town--and feeling like you never really left it in the first place.

I took this afternoon to relax, and enjoy my father's new home in Tallahassee---complete with all the fixtures of a grand old house (sunroom, crown molding, fireplace, etc). Perhaps the most interesting thing about this house is the overflow of books all over the place. My love of Literature was not passed down to me by osmosis, but by my own father who reads almost daily.

While enjoying the sun streaming through plantation shutters, and relaxing in a comfortable guest bed---I located an interesting read. Either my father, or stepmother own a book entitled The 2548 Best Things Anyone Ever Said. This fascinating read, filled with legendary quotes and antecodtes, is probably one of the coolest finds I have ever come across. There is something so special about seeing so many moments in time, so many epiphanies gathered together.

Here are some of my favorite lines:

"He who laughs....lasts"---Mary Pettibone Poole

"My work is done, why wait?"--suicide note left by Kodak founder George Eastman

"In Literature, as in love, we are astonished at what is chosen by others"---Andre Maurois

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Snore...and you sleep alone" ---Anthony Burgess

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well"--Joe Ancis

"Love is being stupid together"--Paul Valery

"I think the world is run by 'C' students"--Al McGuire



HOPE YOU ENJOYED : )

No comments:

Post a Comment