Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I would like to begin by saying....HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!! I hope that you all enjoyed the much-needed break from the work-week as much as I did! My July 4th memories are listed below!! July 4th, 2012 basically consisted of myself and my husband (yes it is going to take a while to get used to that word) attending a backyard BBQ with his co-workers. Did I mention there were delicious bratwursts involved? Because there were....and let's just say his co-workers really know how to show a gal an amazing fourth of July feast. We all had such a great time just talking about life in general. Then, we retired to there pool where we all swam (or in my case lazily floated) around. Later that evening, we were still being incredibly lazy. We had really planned to get up at some point and attend a fireworks show in the area. But....in accordance with us being slugs...that didn't really happen. So instead, we ended up settling for bringing some cold beers out to our yard and sitting on some dirty towels---hoping for some type of a show. And y'all....a SHOW WE GOT!!!!!! It started slowly around our neighborhood at first---one firework, then two, then the next neighbor and so on and so forth. The fireworks looked INCREDIBLE reflecting around the lake. We watched in amazement as mosquitos tore us apart (and we both have the bites to prove it). Gif Firework Pictures, Images and Photos The festivities didn't stop until about 1:00 in the morning. I'm guessing the citizens of our neighborhood had better luck getting vacation days from work the following day. And that was my 4th of July....just a regular day that comes each year and reminds us what a great country we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment