Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Havent Been This Nervous Since....Ever....


WOW! Today has been an anxiety-driven day to say the least.


It all started this morning when I went to adjust my car-seat. Yesterday, my boyfriend made the GRAVE error of moving my sacred, long-contemplated perfect seat placement whilst driving us to Publix. Everyone who knows me knows my "thing" about the car seat. Usually, I like to sit so close to the steering wheel that it practically sits upon my chest. I know to most this simply sounds like "instant death" (via airbag), but to me the placement of the car-seat is so much more than that. When I ride that closely to the wheel, it almost makes me feel like "one" with the vehicle. Thats right...you heard correctly...I like to feel the "soul" of my car. What of it? I'd like to meet another person who values their human/car relationship HALF as much as I. But anywho...back to the seat.


This morning, as I went to adjust the car seat,....IT WOULD SIMPLY NOT BUDGE!!! My boyfriend had placed the aforementioned chair so friggin far it almost touched the backseat. I re-examined the situation with utter contemplation and frustration. Thence, upon further musing, I handled the dillemma in the way any hard-working, independent woman would. I removed my cell-phone, and dialed my mechanic boyfriend. Unforutnatley, he did not answer...and I realized that I had met with the worst of circumstances. At last....I figured out that I could move the car seat a bit closer. This was no consolation....but at least my feet could now reach the pedals. And so it was that I drove to work this morning in the abovementioned fashion---feeling alone and isolated from my vehicle.


Only upon reaching work did I realize teh ultimate error of my ways. I exited my vehicle, and took one last stab at re-establishing my seat-preferences. Furthermore, I annalyzed the contents of said car-seat habitat. Beneath the chair, I found the culprit whom had so traumatized my morning drive preferences. A silly UCF Tumbler cup lay underneath my drivers seat as if to say *mocking tone "ha ha HA!". Clearly, it had blocked my chair from reaching my personal preferences. I would not stand for such patronizing! Therefore, I spent a good 15-20 minutes fishing out the stupid tumbler, and possibly mooning half the Target customers (my work pants are getting way too big but anyways)...


As I walked up to work I realized that I probably would not have made such a silly mistake had my nerves been anywhere close to par (or would I have?) Tomorrow, I face one of the biggest, scariest, most intimidating appointments of my life. At 10:00 A.M. bright and early Monday morning...I learn the ultimate fate in my academic career. Will I graduate this summer? Or will I have to invest an entire, seperate semester from Summer and enroll for Fall. The goof-ball in me wants to treat this like any other humorous come-uppance, and kind of blow it off.....but I have to admit I'm nervous as hell. I have worked hard, I have put in time, and I'm ridiculously ready to get the heck out of UCF.


I mean...don't get me wrong....I love UCF with all my heart. UCF has been great to me! But the thing of it is is that I've been great to UCF in return. I have literally placed my blood, sweat, and tears into that place...and I'm really ready to see the return on my investments. I'm glad that tomorrow is the deciding day, no matter what the result. I cant be losing tumblers all over my precious car anymore ; )


Heres to hoping all you people put me in your hopes, prayers, and fingers-crossing tomorrow!


Eliz

No comments:

Post a Comment