Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Life As I Now Know It

Life, as I now know it, consists of three basic necessities. Essentially, these three "must-haves" have come to control at least 18 of the 24 hours in my day. Ultimatley, the list of "Eliz-dictators" come down to: to-do list(s)...often scribbled and incoherent, my planner--generally filled with homework/other basic info on each day, and coffee (WHICH I NOW DRINK AS IF THE WORLD IS RUNNING OUT OF COFFEE BEANS!!!!!).

Since the dawn of Elizabeth Alford, I have never ever ever craved naps or sleeping. Now I find myself craving just a few minutes of precious slumber all the time. The other day I realized just how tired I had become when I went to get out of my car. Hilariously, my knee slammed into the car-door. I then tried instinctivley reached for said knee; henceforth punching myself in the face. The only thing I have to be truly, amazingly grateful for is that I did not give myself a black eye. That...would have truly been poetic.

I write this post not to complain about my own life. I realize, of course, that my life bares all the lucky fortunes of food, water, shelter, friends, etc. Instead, I pen this post as a precursory apology to all those I: offend, forget, irritate, etc this summer due to my heavy work-load. Please bare with me as I try to earn the last brass ring in only 12 weeks....yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment