Monday, May 17, 2010

Pomp and (Fortunate) Circumstance(s)






Okay guys.....this is it! Today I found out (trumpet sound*doo doo do dooooo do dooo) that I will be graduating August 7th!!!!!!! I cannot believe that after only six semesters of ridiculously hard-work--yours truly will finally earn a bachelors degree in her field of study!!!!!!




I was an uuber-dork this morning, and I'll be the very first to admit it. I arrived to my 10:00 UCF guidance appointment just a hare early. And by "a hare early," I really mean I beat my advisor to school....and the other office staff. To get extremley specific I was standing outside the whole advising building feeling like I was in no-mands-land. Honestly, I expected tumble-weeds to roll by at any minute.



Yep....like I said...I was a nerd. I also came prepared with color-coded academic paperwork. Ummhmm...color coded. I got up early this morning to highlight various papers I deemed important due to varying reasons.



But I guess all that crap payed off...because my advisor went over everything carefully with me! She then informed me that I am right on time to graduate---THIS SUMMER!!



I'm not going to lie to my awesome readers here and tell you guys I didnt almost break out into the funky chicken dance upon hearing this news. I almost did. Only the advisors minute office space halted me from performing the aforementioned celebration, and even that almost didnt do the trick.






Graduating College seems like such a far-off accomplishment I NEVER thought I'd earn. To be quite honest, throughout my entire collegiate career, I never really saw myself getting this far in education. Admittedly, I've never really been the "student" type. I'm ADD, I hate not getting my way, I speak back to malicious professors, and I can be fairly complacent. Schooling, in all seriousness, has never come easily to me. Therefore, today's meeting was really incredible. I was sitting in that chair across from my advisor thinking to myself: "wow. I never thought this day would come. And now its TODAY!"


But I really cant take all the credit here. In fact....I can probably only account for about 50% of my own college success....especially at UCF. So thank you to the friend that inspired me on a daily basis to stick with college because you loved me and you wanted me to succeed in life. Thank you to the bud who shared laughs with me through not one, but TWO classes. You should know that you were pretty much the only reason I kept showing up. Kudos to the pal who saved my butt, and the ENORMOUS cost of the text-book in Sci-Fi Lit. (Inside joke) "Did anyone ever tell you your awesome?" Lastly, thank you to the girl that made tons of papers, projects, and ultimate busy-work seem like fun girls nights in. If it werent for each of you guys, I really don't think I would have made it through UCF.






Tune in next week for the incredibly hard-working adventures of



ELIZ: In the Pursuit of Grad....or possibly....ELIZ V SIX SUMMER CLASSES...or even ELIZ LOSING HER EVER-LOVING MIND






Either way...should be an entertaining post : )






----Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment